Mage is repeated 3x and I think the crewbooks are missing
Tales from Old Oak Inn
A downloadable game
Tales from Old Oak Inn is a high fantasy tabletop roleplaying game set in the mold of Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, and Dungeon World. You take the role of a classic fantasy playbook such and set out on adventures throughout the land. The game is a narrative first game built on the Forged in the Dark framework, so everything you say has weight on the story.
Choose from 11 playbooks, each fully fleshed out with starting and special abilities, specialist items, and contacts:
- Alchemist: An eccentric genius and potions master
- Artificer: A resourceful inventor and craftsman
- Berserker: A brash and aggressive warrior
- Bard: A charming artist and entertainer
- Cleric: A caring healer and priest
- Druid: A wise and enigmatic priest of the old ways
- Fighter: A formidible warrior and master of arms
- Mage: A strange practitioner of arcane magics
- Paladin: a pious and devoted defender of the light
- Ranger: A master tracker and rugged hunter
- Rogue: A daring infiltrator and shadow
Choose from five different crewbooks to define your story (these are currently not in game):
- Adventurers: Classic dungeon delvers and wanderers
- Company: A small military company doing jobs or going to war
- Cult: A group of devout believers
- Nobles: The rulers of a small realm
- Shadows: Thieves, assassins, and infiltrators
Tales from Old Oak Inn is being designed so that the players can have a very strong influence on what factions and world their game takes place in. The only restrictions being that it is some form of classic, high fantasy world in the vein of the Forgotton Realms or other high fantasy world.
This game is currently in early development, and the player packet is free! As it is more thoroughly developed and we build out the full rulebook, it will be unlocked for a five dollar payment, but the player packet (playbooks, crewbooks, and resources will always be free). Additionally, since this is under development, feel free to provide your feedback!
At this stage, Tales from Old Oak Inn requires a copy of Blades in the Dark by John Harper to play.
- Welcome to the Inn!10 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for the reply. Mage is repeated because there are three different tracks for mage. In the full version that will definitely be explained better. The crewbooks are still under construction, I just hit that point where I wanted it out there.
Ah, thanks for clarification! The different Mages slipped my eye.
I think you've got something fun here - it's exactly the sort of thing I'd like to play, with the traditional tropes as far from d20 as possible :)